In the Unbundled Attorney Mastermind podcast, we interview our provider attorneys and leading experts in the legal industry to identify best practices for fielding internet generated leads. We also discuss how to ethically and effectively offer unbundled legal services and other affordable options in your legal services practice.
15 AUGUST 2017
Fundamentals of Closing the Deal: Sales Strategies That Help Solidify Relationships and Retain More Clients
Episode 38: Fundamentals of Closing the Deal: Sales Strategies That Help Solidify Relationships and Retain More Clients
New Jersey attorney Matt Rosen has the “sales gene.” Not just because his father was a successful corporate salesman, but because of his extensive background in sales and many years studying the art of building rapport with clients and closing the deal. Today Matt joins us on the show to discuss some of these core strategies, and how they have helped him consistently convert his leads into paying clients. We also discuss the many challenges of starting a new practice, investing in advertising with a limited budget, and how working the leads from Unbundled Attorney has helped him develop the knowledge and experience to overcome these barriers.
To read the complete transcript of this interview, click here.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Matt Rosen’s past work with the Peace Corp influenced his practice
- Why utilizing a lead generation service lends itself well to developing optimized systems for your practice
- Matt’s exact process for contacting each lead, which enables him to consistently convert 30-40% of his leads into paying clients
- Questions you can ask to qualify your clients during the initial call
- How understanding the law of averages removes the pressure from feeling like you have to convert every lead, especially when you first get started
- Strategies for relating to clients with confidence
- Why fielding leads is an opportunity for new lawyers to develop core competencies by getting a great deal of hands-on client and court experience
- Strategies that improve your sales ability, regardless of whether sales come naturally to you or not
- What it takes to start a practice from scratch, and what Matt has gone through to overcome some of those startup barriers
- The importance of respecting your clients, particularly by giving them enough space to make their own decision on whether to retain you or not
- How to make your clients feel more comfortable and become a calming and stabilizing force
- How working for Greenpeace in the streets of NYC taught Matt about learning to overcome “No’s,” and fear of rejection
- The value of making your website, appearance, and overall brand consistent
- And much more…
If you enjoy this podcast, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us a review. We love hearing from our listeners and look forward to reading your feedback!
For more information about Unbundled Attorney and how our Lead Generation services help grow your practice, visit: https://www.unbundledattorney.com