In the Unbundled Attorney Mastermind podcast, we interview our provider attorneys and leading experts in the legal industry to identify best practices for fielding internet generated leads. We also discuss how to ethically and effectively offer unbundled legal services and other affordable options in your legal services practice.
03 JUNE 2017
Moving to a New City: How to Close Your Existing Practice and Start up a New One from Scratch, Tips for Hiring Staff, and the Benefits of Layaway Payments
Episode 33: Moving to a New City: How to Close Your Existing Practice and Start up a New One from Scratch, Tips for Hiring Staff, and the Benefits of Layaway Payments
Have you ever considered moving to another city, but haven’t because you are reluctant to start a new practice from scratch? Maybe you want to be closer to family, or live in your dream community, but the pull of existing clients and income makes it difficult to pull the trigger? Last year, Aaron Walsch, took a leap of faith and moved from Columbia, SC to Nashville, TN after building a successful practice for over a decade. Today, Aaron shows us how to wind down your existing practice and launch a new one in a different community. We also discuss the importance of hiring great staff, how lead generation helps you grow a new practice, and the value of offering a layaway payment option for your clients.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The steps involved in winding down an existing practice and then starting a new one in another community
- Why so many lawyers gravitate towards family law, and how it compares to the other areas of law Aaron has practiced
- How Unbundled Attorney lead generation helped Aaron launch his new practice in Nashville, TN
- How he was able to avoid taking the Tennessee bar by being admitted by motion
- The value of becoming familiar with local rules, and continuing to review them each year
- How to adapt your practice quickly after taking on a high volume of leads
- The best times of day to call leads, and how to identify those leads which need an office appointment to retain them
- The true value of an online presence and positive reviews
- The importance of hiring great staff, and some examples of the day-to-day tasks you can assign to them
- Why Aaron encourages lawyers to hire staff or contract out bookkeeping responsibilities
- Systems you can use for keeping track of all your clients
- What “layaway” payments are all about, and why Aaron feels offering this option is the single greatest improvement he has made to his practice this past year
- How to explain “layaway” to your clients, and examples of how he has offered it in his practice
And much more...
If you enjoy this podcast, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us a review. We love hearing from our listeners and look forward to reading your feedback!
For more information about Unbundled Attorney and how our Lead Generation services help grow your practice, visit: https://www.unbundledattorney.com