In the Unbundled Attorney Mastermind podcast, we interview our provider attorneys and leading experts in the legal industry to identify best practices for fielding internet generated leads. We also discuss how to ethically and effectively offer unbundled legal services and other affordable options in your legal services practice.
22 MAY 2017
How Cultivating a Deep Understanding of Your Clients’ Emotional, Cultural and Political Context Can Help You Deliver Exceptional Service and Build a More Profitable Practice
Episode 32: How Cultivating a Deep Understanding of Your Clients’ Emotional, Cultural and Political Context Can Help You Deliver Exceptional Service and Build a More Profitable Practice
Originally from Cuba, Moises Kaba has been providing immigration, family law, and estate representation in southern Florida for over 30 years. Today, Moises joins us on the show to talk about the importance of cultivating an understanding of the cultural history and emotional fears of your clients. He explains how this empathy helps you become an exceptional communicator. This is one element of Moises’s three-part service philosophy which not only dictates how he relates to clients, but also determines the types of flexible payment options he offers. He breaks down the profitability of intelligently structured payment plans, and explains why so many attorneys not currently offering these options could be missing out on a tremendous amount of additional revenue.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Major differences between the Cuban and United States legal system
- How having a basic understanding of the laws in your clients’ countries of origin can help you better serve them
- How Trump has impacted the immigration system, and how to adapt to these changes to better communicate and relate to your clients
- Why Moises chose to use lead generation, and how Unbundled Attorney compares to the other companies he has worked with
- The importance of understanding your local market to better position and price your services
- Moises’s 3-part service philosophy, and how incorporating his tenets helps you instill trust and credibility with your clients
- The value of letting clients vent and express their feelings and concerns on the initial call
- Useful analogies and suggestions for how to explain unbundled legal services to your clients
- How Moises uses Clio Payments (LawPay) to automate the billing of his clients’ payment plans
- Why Moises believes customizing payment plans for your clients is an art and requires a great deal of practice and attention
- Some important questions Moises asks clients to better determine how much they can afford to invest in their case
- Why Moises believes in having faith in his clients when it comes to making good on their payment plans
- The benefits of quoting flat fees whenever possible, especially for Unbundled service options
- How to leverage virtual offices to expand into new regions without taking on a lot of new overhead
- And much more...
If you enjoy this podcast, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us a review. We love hearing from our listeners and look forward to reading your feedback!
For more information about Unbundled Attorney and how our Lead Generation services help grow your practice, visit: https://www.unbundledattorney.com