In the Unbundled Attorney Mastermind podcast, we interview our provider attorneys and leading experts in the legal industry to identify best practices for fielding internet generated leads. We also discuss how to ethically and effectively offer unbundled legal services and other affordable options in your legal services practice.
21 APRIL 2017
15 Years of Solo Practice in the Big Apple: Relating to an Ethnically Diverse Clientele, Tracking Key Metrics, and Effectively Leveraging Paralegals
Episode 30: 15 Years of Solo Practice in the Big Apple: Relating to an Ethnically Diverse Clientele, Tracking Key Metrics, and Effectively Leveraging Paralegals
David Zaslavsky has had his own solo family law practice in New York City for over 15 years. Today, he joins our show to share his insights about how he has learned to develop rapport and relate to people from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds and personality types whom he encounters in NYC. David also shares his experiences from working with many lead generation companies through the years. He discusses how they compare to Unbundled Attorney, and he outlines some of the strategies he has found most successful. David talks about the high costs involved in running a practice in NYC, one of the most expensive business environments anywhere in the world. He also explains how he structures fees to ensure he provides affordable services for his clients, while still covering his high overhead.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The importance of closely tracking the important metrics and expenses in your practice
- The main benefits David has found with Unbundled Attorney compared to other lead companies he has worked with
- Tips and tactics to establish credibility and build client confidence in your expertise on the initial phone call
- How to relate to people with different personality types and ethnic backgrounds
- The value of “qualifying” each lead by asking questions about their case and their financial budget
- How to respond to clients that aren’t transparent about their ability to pay
- What it costs David to operate his practice in New York City
- How David structures his payment options to compete with typical rates of other attorneys while meeting the high cost of running a practice in NYC
- How he leverages the use of his paralegals to reduce the amount of time it takes to complete his documents and other legal work
- How to have your paralegal call leads when you are not available, and avoid losing clients in the process
- The typical learning curve involved with fielding leads, and why so many attorneys quit before they have a chance to start seeing results
- And much more...
If you enjoy this podcast, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us a review. We love hearing from our listeners and look forward to reading your feedback!
For more information about Unbundled Attorney and how our Lead Generation services help grow your practice, visit: https://www.unbundledattorney.com