In the Unbundled Attorney Mastermind podcast, we interview our provider attorneys and leading experts in the legal industry to identify best practices for fielding internet generated leads. We also discuss how to ethically and effectively offer unbundled legal services and other affordable options in your legal services practice.
27 JANUARY 2017
How to Relocate a Law Practice to a New Region: Creating Relationships with Local Courts, Bartering with Clients, and Building an Efficient Firm
Episode 24: How to Relocate a Law Practice to a New Region: Creating Relationships with Local Courts, Bartering with Clients, and Building an Efficient Firm
Before Charles Skinner became an attorney, he worked as a machinist for over 10 years. That experience taught him a lot about how to streamline processes and build an efficient business model. Today, Charles shares how he transferred this approach to his law practice by building systems that streamline workflows. We also explore how he was able to successfully relocate his law practice from El Paso to Dallas, TX. He examines some of the mistakes he made and shares valuable lessons learned along the way. He also talks about the alternative fee arrangements he has implemented with his clients, such as bartering his services for assets or property, as well as some strategies he has developed in his mediation practice.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to evaluate the essentials of every process and task in your practice and build systems to automate and streamline them
- How to offer services to clients with limited cash by bartering for assets and property, including some examples of arrangements he has created with his clients
- The value of being able to provide services in multiple areas of the law, and how this “holistic” approach can allow you to offer more billable services to each client
- The importance of creating relationships with other lawyers and professionals as a great source of referrals
- How Charles was able to transition his law practice from El Paso to Dallas, TX on short notice
- How to ethically wind up your existing practice, including how to communicate with and wrap up relationships with those clients
- How to start a practice in a new county, including strategies for creating relationships with local judges and clerks
- How to maximize your air miles if you need to fly when you are moving your practice
- The mediation services Charles offers, and how he effectively communicates the value and requirements of mediation to his clients
- The vital importance of responding to leads immediately and then consult with them about their case right then and there
- And much more...
If you enjoy this podcast, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us a review. We love hearing from our listeners and look forward to reading your feedback!
For more information about Unbundled Attorney and how our Lead Generation services help grow your practice, visit: https://www.unbundledattorney.com