In the Unbundled Attorney Mastermind podcast, we interview our provider attorneys and leading experts in the legal industry to identify best practices for fielding internet generated leads. We also discuss how to ethically and effectively offer unbundled legal services and other affordable options in your legal services practice.
01 JANUARY 2017
Chronicling the Journey From a New Solo Practice to a Small Law Firm: Limited Appearances, Hiring Contract Lawyers, and Scaling Up a Practice
Episode 22: Chronicling the Journey From a New Solo Practice to a Small Law Firm: Limited Appearances, Hiring Contract Lawyers, and Scaling Up a Practice
After many years working as a prosecuting attorney and then as a contract lawyer for a firm on the east coast, David Gross decided to start his own practice out of Vancouver, WA, in March of 2015. In this episode David chronicles his firm’s growth from solo practitioner and “wearing all the hats,” to the small firm he has now, along with the many challenges he has overcome along the way. He shares valuable insights on the best practices for offering limited appearances, including what pitfalls to avoid. He also gives some very practical advice on how to hire contract lawyers and scale from solo practitioner to a small law firm.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The unbundled document services David offers and how he explains these services to his clients
- The benefits and pricing considerations involved in offering limited appearances, as well as common pitfalls to avoid
- How to provide a limited appearance in court on paperwork that you didn’t prepare
- The value of preparing a fresh written declaration when clients have already prepared and filed their own
- How to coach pro se litigants on how to represent themselves in court
- How to leverage legal technology and software to streamline many tasks in your practice
- The value of hiring an assistant to help with administrative tasks and document preparation
- How to source and hire excellent contract lawyers, and the valuable lessons David learned from mistakes he made along the way
- The most important metrics to measure and keep track of in your practice, and how they can inform your decisions
- And much more...
If you enjoy this podcast, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us a review. We love hearing from our listeners and look forward to reading your feedback!
For more information about Unbundled Attorney and how our Lead Generation services help grow your practice, visit: https://www.unbundledattorney.com